Thursday, August 06, 2009

good week

Sorry for the blog-abandonment lately. It's not that my life has been boring, it's just that I haven't been good about taking/uploading pictures. What's a blog post without visual evidence?

Well I decided it's time for an update anyway. Starting with last night and working my way back.
Last night was such a peaceful evening. I got home a little before 6 and straightway changed into my speedo/cap/goggle get up and headed for the pool for a workout. Swimming your workouts in the summer is.so.much.better. than running in the humid heat. I love swim workouts where I feel powerful and almost desperate to keep moving faster and faster. When I swim I laugh to myself about how much more enjoyable it is to workout when the pressure of Coach Nancy is gone and the clocks are off and it's an outdoor pool. I cooked dinner and then my roommates and I watched 27 dresses. Then I showered and was in bed by 11:00.

Earlier that day I gave a Finding Faith in Christ dvd to my co-worker.

Tuesday evening I visited my friend Sheryl's cute mom Lea who has the most gorgeous cheekbones in the world and says, "Come home! This is your home."

Monday I worked out at my work's small gym, showered, then walked down to the Mall (that's the National Mall) for Screen on the Green. I met with a group of friends, ate pizza, chips, and plums, and played phase 10 till the sun went down. Then danced wildly under the stars for about 20 seconds while the HBO theme song came on, as is tradition. We watched the late 50s classic, "On the Waterfront" which really effected me positively. I loved it. I'm so glad I watched it because the very next day the screen writer died in his 90s.

Tonight I'm going to go teaching with the sister missionaries and I've been praying for our lesson since last night. I hope it works out and that the spirit is there to testify of the truth.

I love summer.I love DC.I love the gospel.

3 comments:

AdrianneJayne said...

Awesome! Awesome! I'm so proud of you!--
a) for sharing your testimony
b) for swimming/working out
c) for taking advantage of everything wonderful DC has to offer!

I miss you tons! I wonder if there will ever be a day that these sisters will share again in the beauty of local cultural events. :(

Lauren said...

I love all those things too and I love your blog post!!

Sheryl said...

thanks for visiting my mom! she absolutely loves you. she said, "i just love maggie. she has such a sweet voice. and she always dresses so nicely!"

we love you. our home is your home.