Tuesday, September 22, 2009

never heard of before famous people

It's always fun to be in the same room as famous people.

This morning we had an unveiling ceremony of a portrait of Tommy Lasorda.

Who?

That's ok. I too had never heard of him until a few days ago. I wasn't even going to go to the event, but we were all encouraged to go, so I went and I'm glad I did. All around me were people in suits and black dresses. Men were signing baseballs, autographs, taking group pictures, etc.

Tommy Lasorda played for the LA Dodgers baseball team. He went on to manage the team and do a lot of other baseball things. He spoke and he is quite the character. The CEO of the LA dodgers spoke, and the Commissioner of baseball spoke too. There were also many highly-decorated military people there too. Very impressive. I don't know who any of these people are, but I felt like it was a good thing to be at.

If you don't know who these people are than don't worry about any of this. If you do, then be impressed. Be very impressed.

5 comments:

IzeOfLight said...

I'm SERIOUSLY impressed, and seriously jealous. I was obsessed with baseball growing up, and Tommy Lasorda was one of my faves. Very cool!

The Wettstein Family said...

Didn't he do Slim Fast commercials?

Sheryl said...

i was going to say the same thing as the person before...but i was going to say weight watchers. but slim fast sounds right. and he's pretty tan, right?

Maggie said...

Yes he's the slim fast guy, but I don't remember ever seeing him in any of those commercials!

And yes he's tan because he's Italian!

Trevin and Kalisha said...

Maggies, I just saw your blog through someone else's and thought I'd check it out and say hello! I hope you're having fun in D.C. (jealous!) and loving your job. Can't wait to hear what great new things come your way :) Kalisha