Hmmm. Interesting. Yesterday in two completely different conversations, I was told who I look like. The first conversation was with my cute artsy friend at church who studies art at the Corcoran. She ran up to me and asked, "Do you know who Lily Allen is?" I stopped and thought about it, because I thought it was someone in the ward who maybe I should know. Then I said I didn't. She said, "You should look her up. You look EXACTLY like her. She's a British pop star--like the equivalent to Britney Spears." She just kept going on and on about how I look just like her. So I google imaged her and this was the first picture that came up. I can kind of see it. Can you? I thought it was funny because last year two girls in my ward in Provo who were Americans but had basically grown up in Russia said I looked like a "Swedish pop diva."
THEN, later that evening one of the sister missionaries asked me if I was half Asian. THIS HAS HAPPENED MANY TIMES BEFORE! In fact, I've even attended an "Asian When Convenient" party--a party for all us caucasians who are starting to wish we had some ethnicity to help us get scholarships. Do I look half Asian? How can I look Swedish, British, and Asian all at once? So I google imaged "half white half asian" (It's crazy what google has to offer) and this is the first pic that came up. Again, I guess I can kind of see it a little here too. What do you think?


9 comments:
Great post! You really do look like that British Pop star! How funny! Half Asian...that's hilarious! I do wish there was a club for Native Alaskan when convienient. They give AMAZING scholarships. Logan says he's Native Alaskan for being born and raised there! haha. People used to ask me for my autograph when I was little because they thought I was Christina Ricci (like in Casper and Adam's Family). That time has passed though! Miss you! I love your life!
well i think the first girl looks like rhianna and i dont think you look like rhianna. and...i wouldn't have ever thought you look like you had asian in you, but funny thing is, someone has asked me if i had asian in me!
you just look like maggie...the girl who will one day have an asian baby named maggie.
My racial heritage often stumps people. Fact: I'm Swiss, Norwegian, Swedish, and British. That doesn't stop people from claiming I am any one of the following: Jewish, Indian (my favorite), Brazilian, Italian, Mexican, Spanish . . . the list goes on.
You do look just like Lily Allen!! Seriously, when I scrolled down I thought it was a picture of you at first!
I also thought it was a picture of you! In high school, I dyed my hair red and everyone told me I looked like Claire Forlani, the girl from Meet Joe Black, and like Claire Daines. Weird. My middle name is Claire. Of course, that was back in my skinny days. Now I look like Betty White from Golden Girls.
I think you look liky Lily and thought maybe it was your new cut at first glance. the Half asian is great! I was asked all the time if I was asian just because Mia is my sister. I love when people can't figure out how you are related and just stamp all races to you. If i actually fit into my family I would be asian, swiss, german, hispanic and native american. funny thing is most people DO NOT think I am hispanic but don't know what I am. even hispanic people don't believe I am so really no culture claims me.
What ever people think you might be I saw whatever it is you are Beau-ti-ful!
I actually thought that first pictures was of you when I opened your post. Totally you, Maggie!
I get told more often than I'd care to admit that I look like Joan Cusack. Heaven help me.
Wow. You and Lily Allen could be sisters!
Okay, I am OBSESSED with lipstick right now. I actually also have a bright red one that I wear a lot and sort of have a love affair with. The pink one (the one in the picture) is Sephora Brand and it is called Flirty. The red one I use (unfortunately I don't have a picture with it) I also bought at Sephora, but it Nars brand and it's called Jungle Red.
You and Lily Allen do have the same look. I have been told I look like Heidi Montag from the Hills and Sarah Michelle Gellar. I think I just have the same coloring.....When I was in Italy last year people thought I was German which is pretty correct because I am part German and the rest Scandinavian. I haven't read you blog lately. It's been fun catching up!
Post a Comment