Saturday, February 27, 2010

Thoughts on Today

1) Phone drama but I'm getting through it.

2) Car drama too. Where would I be without public transportation?

3) Had a great run on the treadmill (lame, but better than nothing)
         a) a couple of days ago I was running while watching Paula Dean's cooking show. She was making a brunch hambuger with two glazed donuts as the bun, a hamburger patty, a fried egg on top, and covered with bacon. It inspired me to run faster. Thanks, Paula.
        b) today while running, I was watching the Olympics. I was watching Men's downhill skiing and I got dizzy watching the guys curve down the mountain. I kinda started weaving around on the treadmill.
        c) I was getting really tired and wanting to stop, but just as I had 5 minutes left, the start gun went off for the Women's cross-country ski race and it totally inspired me to run fast and hard for the last 5 minutes. Thanks, Olympics!

4) I went to the Newseum today and went into the 9/11 exhibit. I went into a little theatre and they had all the news coverage screening from that day. I was in there for no more than 2 seconds and I rushed out in tears. I guess I'm not ready to see all that again. It was really too much for me. I didn't know I was still emotional about it.

5) I'm facing a living situation dilemma. I want to live in the district so I'm close to work and to awesome DC life. However, I like living in quiet, safe, Parkside with all my ward buddies. I know of an AWESOME, affordable apartment that would let me get to work in 10 minutes. 10 MINUTES! It's in a not so glamourous part of town though. FROM THE FRONT DOOR TO THE METRO IS 30 SECONDS. NO JOKE. However, when I left the metro station today to walk over to this new apartment, the guy behind me stopped to urinate. This was at 5:30 pm, folks. Anyway, I need to decide if I want to leave my friends and move far from them, or live in DC and close to my work.

any thoughts?

4 comments:

Alisa said...

yes i have thoughts....

#1 you are NOT allowed to live in a scary, sketchy part of town! please don't! i don't want to be worried about you all the time.

#2 you are inspiring me to keep running! is holly's wedding your motivation too?! oh man! every time i'm running i think to myself, "must where the skirt! must fit into a pencil skirt!" it definitely keeps me going!

#3 thanks for updating us!

IzeOfLight said...

Ooooh! Such a hard dilemma! Here are my first thoughts on it. As much fun as it would be to be close to work (speaking as someone who works from home--and before only worked 5 mins away), I think I'd rather be close to friends because then that takes away an excuse for not being social after coming home from work and being tired and not wanting to make a ton of effort to get out. If going out only involves a 5- or 10-minute drive or walk, that seems a lot easier than a longer drive. Work, on the other hand, is something you're going to do every day, regardless of whether or not you *want* to, you know? Does any of that make sense?

AdrianneJayne said...

safety comes first.

friends and ward buddies make the hum drum working life livable!

p.s. you rock girl! keep that running going!

p.p.s. Are you sad that bremen is leaving? He just called to say goodbye, and I cried once we hung up. Am I crazy?

Sheryl said...

don't move. please. i don't do dangerous.