Tuesday, October 11, 2011

patience

I've stopped job searching for the time being because I am in a good place and I know what I'm doing.
BUT
Today I nonchalantly checked my old email account that has all the museum vacancy postings. I found two of my dream jobs IN A ROW right at the top of my email account, begging to be opened..
An Assistant Registrar position at the Met
and
An Associate Registrar position at the Church Museum of History and Art

and it makes me think, "What am I doing?!"
Neither position requires a Master's Degree and I know I'm qualified.
It makes me feel like I'm sitting back and slowly gaining an MA in Museum Studies while positions are getting snatched up left and right.

What I'm doing is worth it, right? Maybe I'll make more money in the long run? Positions like those have a quick turn around, right? I'll enter the work force with more responsibility? Who knows.
This is a time to be patient.

No comments: