Tuesday, May 15, 2012

neon
1. 
Today I read a person's name and it was John K. John.
I just don't get it because he's a man and his parents must have named him that.

2. 
The tradition of saying "Bless you," after someone sneezes freaks me out. I was not raised to say that. So I don't and I feel like a jerk when I don't say it. I also do not like talking to people when I don't have to so I'd prefer to skip that interaction. People out here say it like crazy and it is just weird. I don't think Mormons say it that much. I sneezed in church the other day and no one said it. What are your thoughts on the tradition? My family certainly does not say it. Am I wrong that Mormons typically don't say any form of "bless you?"

3. 
I read quite a few blogs everyday and most of them inspire my creative mind. I think my favorite is coco+kelley and Note to Self. I love their use of stylish photographs to convey a thought and how they photoshop quotes or blog titles on them. They have inspired this blog for sure. These ladies and a group of other professional bloggers are doing a series called "Things I'm Afraid to Tell You." And I have to say it is the most refreshing bit of blog reading I've done in quite a while. These ladies teamed up to show their readers their real selves. They acknowledge that because they are lifestyle, fashion, design, etc. bloggers, they mostly blog about beautiful things and all the amazing things they do. I do the same. But to connect more with their readers they wanted to talk about some of their biggest weaknesses and just let us see their girl-next-door side. I loved it. You might enjoy reading some of their entries too. I might even do something similar here, but I think it's scarier to do it for people who know you well than for strangers.

4.
I've realized that when I say I'm going to catch up on certain blog entries, it is never going to happen. MOVING ON!




3 comments:

Shan said...

Maggie! I miss you!

HJolley said...

I have a co-worker who is HUGE on the "bless you" thing and a boss who thinks it's weird to say. He says he think it's totally by region of the country too.

~Holly said...

I think it's a Southern thing to say Bless you. Infact, if Jon doesn't say it to me I get mad. Haha. But the chileans always said "salud" translated to "health" so maybe it's not Southern. Funny how we all view things so differently.