April 10, 1925 The Great Gatsby was published. It was a critical success rather than a financial one...yet nearly 100 years later we are still RAVING about it.
Get a load of this little gem from Nancy Milford's biography on Zelda:
"[Scott] worried about the title of the novel. Should it have been Trimalchio, or Gatsby? He had two alternative titles which he rejected for their lightness: Gold-hatted Gatsby and The High-bouncing Lover. But Zelda preferred The Great Gatsby and he trusted her instinct."
The way most people felt about the new version of Les Miserables coming out in theaters last Christmas is how I feel about Baz Luhrmann's inevitable Great Gatsby. Words cannot express the brilliancy. Jay-Z is scoring the film. ROCKSTAR.
Wednesday, April 10, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Leo is PERFECT for this role! And I googled the actress who plays Daisy, and it turns out she is the same girl who played Kitty in the 2005 version of P&P. Crazy! Also, she is married to the lead singer of Mumford and Sons... Small celeb world. :)
Chills.
Can't.Wait.
woza. I feel ya. It looks so intense!
Post a Comment