My first box was so exciting, but I will admit it was a bit of a bust for me personally.
I was so crazy busy around the time this box came, that I didn't have time to be home during daylight hours and didn't have time to take any good pictures, so this is all I have. The box contained two long tunic tops and a zip-up jacket. They were cute, but I hated the way they fit on me. There were also two bracelets. It was kind of annoying to get two bracelets in one box, instead of a bracelet and necklace or scarf. Needless to say, I only kept one thing from my first "fix"--a bracelet.
I got the dainty gold bracelet with the turquoise gemstone. I love it. These designers and brands, while not mainstream, are quite amazing. I see them in independent boutiques and online marketing on all the fashion blogs I read. They are legit, not dumpy pieces that are priced way up. Even though I was disappointed in my first fix, I decided to give Stitch Fix another try and got my second box recently.
I died over every piece in my 2nd fix. I ended up keeping all 5 items. It was a 100% improvement over my first fix and I could tell that my stylist really read all of my feedback and looked over my profile carefully. My only complaint was that they, again, sent two necklaces instead of switching up the accessories. But in this case, I loved them both so much I kept them. I have already worn everything in this box.
So the way this works, is you create an account and fill in your style profile, which is really fun. When you are ready to schedule a fix, your credit card is charged $20. When the box arrives at your door you get to try on everything and each item comes with cards that give styling ideas. If you keep all 5 items you save 25% off the entire bill plus the initial $20 is subtracted. If you buy fewer than 5 items you still get to subtract your $20 and send back the remaining items in a prepaid envelope. If you buy nothing, your $20 goes towards the time and effort your stylist put into creating your fix. I haven't ever experienced sticker shock; I feel that the pieces are fairly priced.
This isn't for everyone, especially if you aren't comfortable spending a chunk of money on yourself. My items have averaged about $40 each. I'm ok with this since I love shopping, but hate going to stores. I also think it's fun being challenged in color schemes, fits, and styles. So far, I've had a fix every month, but you can schedule them fewer and farther in between. I just wanted to share this, because I think so many of my cute friends, cousins, sistas, and aunts would love this.
If you're gonna sign up, use my referral code! https://www.stitchfix.com/referral/3528303 Because, duh, when you sign up through this code, I'll get some referral credit. You'll then get your own code that you can share and get credit when people sign up through you!
I'm happy to answer any questions too if you need a sounding board!
No comments:
Post a Comment