Monday, June 09, 2008

Summer has begun!





Friday night was the Gallery stroll in downtown Provo. I've always wanted to go, and this time I felt no time pressures so I called up some friends and headed down there! I'd like to consider this evening the official beginning of my summer because it was so fun! I love being in an atmosphere where people are out and milling around and talking and interacting and meeting new people! I think every town should have activities that bring people OUT! The gallery stroll is every first friday of the the month and all the cute little galleries and artsy stores open their doors, serve refreshments, and let you look at all the art that is for sale. Most of what I saw was very abstract, creative, and whimsical. I think my favorites were what was up at the Sego Art Center on University Ave. I also liked the creativity of the show at Gallery One Ten. I loved the funky trends at Coal Umbrella and the fashions at the Mode Boutique. It was fun to look at art, run in to friends, and stand by the street pit fires and roast marshmallows. Thanks Caranine and Lindsey for going with me!

5 comments:

Erin said...

It looks like it was so fun! I'll definitely have to go another time!

AdrianneJayne said...

Looks fun fun fun!!!! I wish I could've been there! I missss youuuu!

More Bacon said...

How fun!!!

Joan said...

Maggie, we are big fans! We miss you and wish we could see you again. We love you tons and tons!! Uncle Jeff & Aunt Joni

CS said...

that was such an awesome evening! maggie you are the BEST!!!! and you look HOT in those sunglasses. :)