This is the Barlow Center where I live. My room is the right half of the top floor. It's a beautiful building and a great location.
These pretty shop fronts line the georgetown canal and boardwalk. Isn't it charming?
These are friends Jason in the back, Elise in the front, and Emily on the left. A crazy night of bowling.
Baked and Wired: An awesome cupcake shop on the Georgetown canal. I would go there everyday if I could. The cupcakes are amazing and very unique. My favorite is a birthday cake that is a chocolate cake with buttercream icing with sprinkles.
This is the Georgetown University Citadel that is now a classroom and office building. Isn't it so amazing? And don't I just belong there?
This is the backside of the citadel. I'm standing in a beautiful courtyard facing the cute chapel. I want to go back in the spring.
One Saturday I went to the Eastern Market and strolled through all the stalls and the market. It was really cool. I thought this mirror shop was interesting.
The interior of the Opera House in the Kennedy Center. I saw a free show there that was a showcase/forum type setting where multiple broadway writers and lyricists came to the show to talk about how they developed their ideas. The man who wrote Wicked was there. He performed a couple songs and shared with us the evolution of one song. He sang for us the first draft, second draft, and the final draft. It was really interesting and very entertaining.
A group of us went to the DC temple to do a session. So amazingly beautiful.
After the session, we went to the Cheesecake Factory. The missionary couple are the Blanchards. They're the CES missionaries at the Barlow and the building managers. I definitely got the chocolate, coconut creme cheesecake. So delish.
This was one of the first sunny, somewhat warm days so I went exploring on the waterfront of the Potomac, which is actually very close to where I live. Here I was standing on a boardwalk and looking back to the Kennedy Center. It looks like the Independence Visitor Center, no?
This is the Smithsonian Castle, where I usually eat lunch. There's a great discounted cafe for Smithsonian employees.
Lincoln Memorial. A very inspirational place.
Here's Kristen, Elise and I kicking off Valentine's day. They are so cute! Elise gave me a beautiful tulip and Kristen made valentine's day cupcakes!
3 comments:
i love seeing all of these aspects of DC!! sooooo awesome!!! thanks for staying up-to-date on blogging-- the pictures are fabulous!!
great pics maggie! by the way I changed my blog address. It is now aolepilikia.blogspot.com
You are REALLY living it up! I am so, so jealous! I love these beautiful buildings!!! Thanks for posting all these pictures. You are such an adventurous gal! Love you!
I just heard this weekend that one of my friends growing up is living in DC and working in the Smithsonian. Her name is Meredith Moore (also LDS and single). Let me know if you meet her!
Post a Comment