Monday, April 26, 2010

This is it.

My roommate, Emily, is a professional seamstress and she usually is working on at least one gorgeous wedding gown in our living room. Having these dresses around has started many conversations about what type of dress we'd like to wear for our own weddings.

I'm really into aesthetics so I can't help but have ideas about wedding decor, etc. that I'd like to have for my big day, but wedding dresses SCARE me! I have no idea what I want or what would look good on me. All I know at this point is that I want something unique, perhaps vintage, with lots of texture.

Then I found this image on my favorite wedding blog, Style me Pretty, and I think I'm in love. Don't you think this is it?! The dress, the hair, (maybe even the guy!)...the girl even LOOKS like me...not so sure about the whole outside reception thing.

Ok I guess I'd better start finding a date for Friday. Gotta start somewhere, right?

P.S. Guess what? Today I found out that in a month I will be presenting a paper at a Smithsonian event. I'm presenting my same 5 minute Senior Thesis presentation from BYU about Cezanne. I might be nervous when the time comes, but at least it's not for a grade. It's more an opportunity to get feedback and to get my ideas out there.


9 comments:

Melanie said...

Oh my gosh, that girl IS you! Crazy! I like the dress (not my personal style, but I do like it).

At what event will you be presenting?

AdrianneJayne said...

Now that I actually know who Cezanne is, I wish I could see you present (well-- I'd want to even if I didn't know who he was)... Which piece are you focusing on! Good Luck! You will be great!

p.s. LOVE the dress, hair, guy, everything!

lisa said...

oh i loooove that dress. and she really does look like you--crazy. Congrats on presenting!!! Did you ever think you'd be presenting at a Smithsonian event when you graduated?? That is so very cool.

Lauren said...

That does look look like you - both the girl and the dress! And I would take that boy too!

Also, congrats on your paper presentation. That is so exciting!!

Ruthie said...

I thought that girl was you! The dress screams Maggie! How lovely!

The Wettstein Family said...

I thought you had photo-shopped yourself in that picture! I love the dress!!

Meagan said...

Oh my gosh. Seriously when I saw the heading "This is It" and then the pic I REALLY thought it was you and you were getting married! Wow, totally crazy.

Holly said...

Congrats on presenting at the Smithsonian, you are living your dreams!! That makes me so happy!!

And yes, this dress is so Maggie!! Beautiful!!

Cami said...

Wow! I thought that could be you in the picture! Love the dress! I can't wait to see what you choose some day! ;) You're amazing. Congrats on getting to present at the Smithsonian. Wow, huh?!