People freeze when they see me. After seeing 6 cases of the freezes over the past few days I had to record them.
#1) Rita's opened a store in Chinatown near my work and I went over there nearly everyday to get a free Italian ice. One day as I was walking up to Rita's, a man was waiting by the bus stop holding two Italian ices in his left had and a plastic spoon in his right. He was hunched over. Frozen. His Italian ices were tipping over and dripping all over the sidewalk. No one seemed to notice.
#2) Yesterday I played some music at a nursing home with some friends. We played the background music for their ice cream social. But you know old people. They don't mill around and socialize. They sit in one place and observe. I enjoyed serving these people and cheering up their day. As I was heading out, I walked past one woman hunched over and completely frozen in her wheelchair. Her bowl of ice cream was toppled over and melting all over the floor.
#3) Yesterday afternoon I was walking home from my friend's house. I took a short cut through a grassy wooded area (my backyard) and saw three deer. Frozen. A momma and two babies. They saw me and stared me down. I kept walking right past them but held their stare the whole time. The momma deer seriously turned her head more than 180 degrees to keep her eyes on me. I laughed. They didn't move a muscle. Only to twist the neck.
#4) Last night I walked into my friends' apartment and one of my friends, Ryan, was frozen. He had a look of pure hatred on his face and with one hand looked like he was holding an imaginary skull. The other was pulled back behind his head like he was ready to crush it. He held that position for at least 30 seconds. It was intense.
#5) As I was walking to the metro this morning, a woman was frozen next to her car. She was standing by the front tire on the driver's side, facing the sidewalk. Her hair was over her face. She just stood there.
#6) Today after work on the crowded metro platform, there were streams of people trying to get from one end to the other. A woman froze in the middle of the path of people with her hands on her hips, elbows jutting out in sharp triangles. She just froze there and every single person behind her was stuck. She got a lot of dirty looks. I've never seen anyone just freeze in the middle of a river of people before.
What's going on?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
It's your stunning beauty. People just freeze in your presence. It's that intense!
Miss you, Maggie!!
Weird. You have this uncanny ability to observe strange things around you. I, too, think that's it's because you're so freakin' gorgeous. There is no other logical explaination.
You're life--it's a movie! It's like the Truman show is malfunctioning and everyone around you is really made of animatronics. Like at Disneyland. So so strange, but really it's the only explanation.
It's the Improv Everywhere people. They're targeting you specifically.
But seriously, that's really crazy.
That could be on a movie. Are you sure you don't have some kind of supernatural power? I love how observant you are and how you describe things.
Post a Comment