Thursday, September 30, 2010

flip flop

Does anyone else seriously wear out your shoes? I try to mend things and make do as long as I can with my clothes and shoes, but this is getting out of control. My staple black flats have reached the point of no return. I've been super gluing the sole back on for a few months, but my super glue dried out so I had to throw it away. Today I wore my flats, knowing they looked ridiculous.

This is what they look like:

And I met a group of corporate clients from New York and London today. My shoes were flopping all over the place. I'm so embarrassed.

3 comments:

Casi Bludorn said...

I always wear my shoes out until they are impossible to wear anymore. I've stapled soles in place, I've hot glued, I've super glued, and I've looked ridiculous every time.

lisa said...

I'm with Casi. I've also taken a needle and thread to them. This has worked best so far for me. Good luck!

Lauren said...

I am so hard on shoes. My everyday flats never last longer than a season! I like to think it means I have adventures or something. Oh well - at least I know I'm in good company!