This is the earthquake miracle mirror! This is the antique mirror I bought in Baltimore and it fell off this shelf during the earthquake but miraculously landed on a the pile of pillows right below it. This shelf is on the wall beside my bed. This vignette matches my style perfectly and it is the only little bit of decor I've put together in my room so far. I love bright white walls and fixtures that let the items pop. I love a mixture of antique and modern. I bought the Royal Wedding souvenir from The House That Lars Built and showcased it with a pop of green floral (stationary!) ha ha. Then there's the mirror accompanying my two Eiffel Towers. They are offset by a POP of hot pink and beautiful words to live by, by Kate Spade. The card is contrasted with the beautiful muted colors and graphic punch of the candle Bremen surprised me with on Christmas morning from Notre-Dame. I've always had a thing for images of Mary. She is not only a role model of mine, but the graphic quality is usually stunning. Vignettes are totally my thing. It's because I don't have too many bigger decorative items, so I love to style with the smaller things I have.
Monday, September 05, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Love it so much! Well done!
I really love how it turned out. I really need to work on my room!
I love vignettes SO MUCH! It's so fun to "shop" your house and put together little displays of what makes you YOU. I can't wait to move into a real house where I feel better about putting holes in the walls and displaying my goodies. Right now it's just depressing in my craptacular apartment. And I'm so with you on the white walls--they're the perfect backdrop to let your art shine. I have always wanted to live in an art museum or a library--nothing looks better on a wall than inspiring art, travel mementos, and books!
Post a Comment