Thursday, November 17, 2011

I've held it in too long

I hope not to offend anyone, but every girl is entitled to her opinion, right? Hopefully if you disagree with me you can just laugh off my intense feelings I am about to share.

5 trends that need to go away:

1) Toms in general. But especially the wedding day Toms extravaganza. There is nothing cute about wearing hospital booties. (I'm still debating if I even want to tarnish my blog by putting this picture on here. A. It is a horrible composition, frumpy, and sloppy. B. It has Toms in it) 
 2) Child-Abuse infant photography. This and so many others are just wrong, wrong, wrong. Have you seen the one of the infant propped up in Grandpa's smelly old cowboy boot? Don't do this to your innocent, darling baby! It's not even cute.

 3) Boot Socks. My feelings aren't QUITE as strong about this, but still. I don't think it's cute. Especially the pics I've seen of tall boots, layered with over the top tall socks (far above the knee, people), with only about 2 inches of your skinny jeans showing, before your mid-thigh peacoat takes over. Why wear jeans? The boot socks shorten the look of your boots and your legs in general. 

4) Weird pregnancy announcements. There are too many examples to share, but this one has been bothering me. All it makes me think of is, she probably shouldn't be wearing that skirt, and on 12.24.11 everything is going to drop out of her.

5) Weird Save the Date announcements that try to be clever but make it hard to see the couple and understand what information they are trying to convey.


Guys. I truly respect if any of you have differing opinions and would be open to hearing about them. Please don't be offended if I don't like these certain things.

Love,
mags

7 comments:

LMemory said...

AMEN AND AMEN! I thought I was the only one who hated TOMS. They are FUGLY!

And I hate naked baby photos. your baby is not cute at 7 weeks, and that's ok. take pictures of them when they're chubby. and clothed.

Also, pregnancy photos in general weird me out. My bff, love her, but she sends me phone photos of her belly. I don't know what I'm supposed to say to those. Congrats, you're pregnant? Even though I've known that for 7 months? hey look you're getting fatter, good job?

Preach on, Maggie! Hope your presentation's coming along :)

Melanie said...

I totally agree with the point about baby photos. And I've never seen the appeal of Toms.

Rachel Smith said...

Maggie! You crack me up. Those baby photos absolutely look torturous and those books with the socks look tacky. Thanks for sharing your great taste! Love ya!

Shan said...

Haha! Love it! I have the same feelings on all of them, except for Toms. (You know I'm addicted). But I would never wear them at my wedding. Totally tacky! Actually, I'm starting to slightly lose my interest in them too. There are so many other cute shoes to spend money on!

Amalie said...

you're so funny, but I just love the baby pictures. It's hard for me not to.

Sheryl said...

now i know how you're really feeling when i wear my knee socks with my boots.

Erin said...

Ok, I know this post is old, so hopefully you even see this comment, but I LOVE YOU. I hate most of these things too, but #1 is the child abuse baby photography. WHY does your kid need to be in huge headbands and in all these weird positions with props and crazy stuff? Babies are already cute! They don't need all that accoutrement!