I haven't posted much lately.
I'm suffering from a serious case of ennui.
What are your indulgences when you have the blahs?
Moi, I watch too much online TV...currently Downton Abbey,
the Bachelor, Gossip Girl, and Modern Family.
I'm also thinking about Mad Men starting back up this spring.
I watch too many period dramas...just discovered "Wives and Daughters." It's an Elizabeth Gaskell adaptation (same author as North and South and about as long a film too) and I loved it so much. It's a new favorite.
I sleep in.
I'm late.
I don't work out.
The only thing going for me right now is my 3rd annual sugar fast. It hasn't been difficult yet. Every year I start one day sooner. So this year I started on Feb. 12 and I'll go until Memorial Day. It's not my favorite thing to do, but no one can argue its benefits. I still get sweet fixes from fruit, herbal tea, and sugar-free gum.
Speaking of sweet. I love Valentine's Day. Love it. And I've been thinking of my relationships with people around me. I'm not doing too great. I wish I could wear force my heart on my sleeve a little more.


2 comments:
I'm convinced that February is the month of ennui; it's always my worst month. As for period dramas, I've been watching Lark Rise to Candleford on YouTube. There's four whole seasons to eat up time!
We need to get together! Let's beat ennui together! I love that Marie Antoinette picture! Hope we chat soon!
Post a Comment