Friday, September 20, 2013
10 Things Monthly Challenge: August
For the month of August, I collected a shopping bag full of clothes, bags, and accessories to contribute to my Relief Society's clothing exchange.
I didn't take any pictures...d'oh! But it was a blast. I was flattered by everyone's reactions to my stuff. I overheard one super cute, fashionable girl walk in and say, "Where are Maggie's accessories?" Then Caitlin M. freaked out when I put my stuff out. She said, "Maggie! You can't give this stuff away!!" And then told everyone she felt like she just walked into Anthropologie.
Ha ha. The truth is, I just have SO MUCH stuff. Most of what I donated were already hand-me-downs, so I didn't feel attached too much. I've gotten to the point where I want to get rid of cheap, plastic jewelry and just have a few nice pieces that I wear everyday.
My other favorite reaction? When I walked in, Caitlin whispered to me, "Mags, I've got something for you..." then pulled out a super cute pair of blue boat shoes that fit me perfectly! I've been looking so hard to replace my last favorite pair of navy boat shoes and wasn't having any success. Now I like these new ones even better!
So I got rid of well over 10 items that night, but definitely came home with enough to make up for it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment