Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Update:


I haven't posted for a while and that's because I've been so crazy busy and stressed out!

On March 31st I turned in a huge paper that I had been working on for weeks and weeks. I wrote about a Dutch female artist named Rachel Ruysch and I'm OBSESSED with the painting that I wrote about. I think it's so beautiful and I would post an image of it on my blog, but I promised the museum who owns it that I wouldn't reproduce the image. That's the only way they would send me a color photograph of the painting, (It's never been published in color).

The second that paper was turned in I started working like crazy on 5 different papers that were ALL DUE ON THE SAME DAY! I turned them all in yesterday. That's got to be a record! Of course my mom was in town and everyone wanted to do fun stuff all the time and I couldn't! :(

As soon as my 5 papers were turned in I felt such a burden lifted off of me! My ward had a closing social dinner last night and then Adrianne and I watched August Rush. It was totally relaxing and I DESERVED it!

I have two finals coming up that I'm preparing for and then I get a break! Bremen is moving here and my friend Lacey is coming in town to visit so I'm excited to do some fun stuff.

I'm staying in Provo for the spring and summer and will work at the art museum and take an art history course in Salt Lake and prepare to take the GRE!!! Why do I torture myself this way? Because I really want a Master's and I love art history so much and I want to be prepared for a career.

4 comments:

Holly said...

Maggie I'm so happy you finished all those papers!! I'm so proud of you and you should be so proud of yourself. You are amazing!!!
love, Your roomy

Sheryl said...

Yeah when i talked to you today you just sounded more relieved. Good job Maggs, you always get it done :) p.s. How did you like August Rush?

HJolley said...

good job finishing your stuff!! this time of year is seriously so stressful. hope to see you again soon!

Jaclyn said...

You are the QUEEN of the Universe. I don't know how you got all of that done at once, very impressive. Hopefully we'll get to see you this summer. I hope you were able to visit with your mom a bit while she was in town. I heard she was here but never did see her.