Friday, May 23, 2008

Another random post.

Ok so I like to get into a good show every once in a while, but I never get to see all the episodes. Anyway so I never really get into American Idol, this year included. I think I saw one of the auditioning episodes a long time ago and I saw the last two episodes. I just think that I have the unique position to brag slightly that which ever way the title would have gone, the new American Idol would basically be from my hometown.

Jason Cook is from Blue Springs where my Dad and Stepmom live and he graduated from Blue Springs South high where my sister, Jordan graduated as well as my stepbrother, Chris. Chris sang with Cook in the same choirs.

David Archuleta is from Murray, a suburb of Salt Lake, and even though I can't say I've spent much time in Murray, I am also from a suburb of Salt Lake and live about 30 min from there.

So anyway, I know it's not that big of a deal but I just think its cool that I've heard about the goings on on both sides.

That's it.

4 comments:

Sheryl said...

Hahahaha. Maggs, I know you didn't watch American Idol (nor did I really), but enough to know that the guy's name was DAVID Cook and not JASON. You crack me up. Either way, I'm glad you got to claim home town pride. :)

HJolley said...

yeah, my dad is always telling people that his kids went to high school with david cook, while he himself went to murray high. oh the raging fights of rivalry we've had!

Maggie said...

ok I don't know why but this entire season I've unconsciously been refering to David Cook as Jason Cook. I don't know why but I think the name has stuck. I don't even know a Jason Cook.

AdrianneJayne said...

and by jason cook.. you mean DAVID. haha. LOSER!