
Bremen dun had the best dad gum idear for all the kinfolk to get back in touch wit our hillbilly missoura roots and go see the musical 'Big River'.
ok I can't talk like that anymore :) but it was fun for just a sec.
The sibos went to the Grand Theatre in Salt Lake to see this production last Saturday night. I remember seeing it under the stars at Kansas City's Starlight Theatre when I was little. We had the Record Album that had this picture on the cover and I remember jamming out to this music during all of my childhood. We really are hillbillies.
It's the story of Huckleberry Finn, Tom Sawyer, and a runaway slave named Jim. Some of the music is silly and some is beautiful and touching. The story teaches principles of true friendship, the worth of a soul, and how our conscience is sometimes more correct than what society says is right. I would encourage everyone to see this musical if you get a chance!
...ARKansas, ARKansas, I just love 'ol ARKansas!
3 comments:
I'm crying. come see me.
huck finn is one of my favorite books. and we sang one of the songs from that musical in a choir i was in. good story, heather.
Too bad we're not from Arkansas- what a great theme song that would be! I loved going to see this and thanks to Bremen for the idea and the awesome soundtrack CD. It was way fun and good job on the hillbilly lingo, Mags!
Jordan
Post a Comment