Sunday, January 11, 2009

fun outings in the district


Georgetown is full of beautiful town homes like this. I love that neighborhood so much.
This is the Dumbarton House. It's an old georgetown mansion converted into a small museum. They were closed but I will go back to see the collection.
Jason and I went to an AMAZING concert at the Kennedy Center to see the National Symphony Orchestra. It was a once in a lifetime experience. The orchestra was amazing. The conductor was fascinating and the guest cellist, Lynn Harrell, is one of the best musicians in the world. It was so amazing and my most favorite thing I've done so far. Seriously, it changed my life. The cello is my favorite instrument and to hear it played to its fullest potential was so amazing
Sheryl and me on the metro headed to Chinatown for dinner. What would I do without her?
Chinatown!

5 comments:

nickel... said...

Just so you know I am loving every post about your exciting life on the east coast! I am totally living the art loving intern life vicariously through you! :) So feel free to keep them coming on every detail! I LOVE it!

Jordan said...

Wow! I love Georgetown already! Already miss you tons. I keep meaning to call but whenever I think of it- I know you're either at work or asleep. Call anytime! Looks like you're really enjoying it there. Keep the posts coming!

Sheryl said...

I'm so happy that you didnt post the picture with my mitten half in it! hahaha. i love having you here maggs!

~Holly said...

ps. who is jason?

jendar said...

im so excited that you are in d.c.! so close to me! i love to read about your adventures in the city. i cant wait to get to see you, either when i come visit you, or when you come visit me. either way, i miss you and hope you have the best time there.