Sunday, January 04, 2009

Day 1

ok just a couple things. I'M HERE IN DC! The past 48 hours have been a roller coaster! Soooo much to think about and remember and deal with. My flight from SLC was delayed about an hour due to a sudden blizzard. Good thing because I needed all the extra time to rearrange a bunch of what I'd packed because my bags were too heavy. I ended up just getting on the ground ripping the suitcase open and started pulling things out. Bremen took home a bunch of my clothes. What can I say? FDA regulations just can't keep up with my fashion standards. I missed my connecting flight in Atlanta of course, but got rebooked on an hour later flight in first class! 

My BFF Sheryl picked me up in Baltimore. It was sooooo nice to see her. She looks so good too. We had fun eating lunch and talking in the car while she drove me to the Barlow center. When I got there, I was total butterflies, but I received a warm welcome from Elder and Sister Blanchard. I will be working closely with them as their assistant. I went up to my room... SO AWESOME! It's HUGE! and soooo nice! It's like a hotel room, but more home-y. I will def post pictures soon. Let me just say...corner suite- three windows!

I was so busy all day doing AA stuff. I almost pitied myself for a little while, because I had just gotten there and was busy working away while everyone else was going out sightseeing and shopping. I worked allllll day and then around 8 pm I finally got to go out to Trader Joe's across the street to buy some groceries. There's no heat in my room right now, so I have the oven set at 400 with the door wide open and a heating pad warming up my blankets. I hope I don't freeze to death!

One of the highlights was driving through Georgetown! OH MY GOSH! So awesome! Can't wait to explore more of the fancy shops and cool restaurants down there. I love it here!

4 comments:

Jaclyn said...

Can't wait to hear more and see pictures of the BYU center. What is this assistant stuff you're doing? HAVE THE TIME OF YOUR LIFE. It was great to see you last night. Get some rest.

The Wettstein Family said...

OH how exciting! I wish I could follow you around for a day! I can't wait to see pictures. Good luck with everything and have fun!!

Jordan said...

Glad you're there safe and have a great room. We miss you already. Lots of luck! I'll keep checking!
Jordan

jenny said...

Aaww Good luck Maggie! I can't wait to hear about all your adventures!