#1 Tomato Coconut from Cafe Atlantico. This table was so cute. There were two chefs there. One ladled the soup and the other painstakingly tweezed tiny blades of cilantro, scooped tiny spoonfuls of pico de gallo and a tiny dollop of sour cream. It was so cute. And the soup was AMazing. Never tasted anything like it.
#2 Pumpkin and Lentil. It was good at the time, but it's not standing out to me looking back.
#3 Chili from Clyde's, a popular restaurant in DC. The chili was so good. Kind of sweet.
#4 Chicken Noodle. It was good. Not really standing out to me though.
#5 Chestnut soup with cranberry beans. This one was delicious. My friend tasted it and said, "This tastes like fall." It was true. If anyone has ever eaten a roasted chestnut, you can agree, that this soup would be delicious. A rich dark soup with some kind of green leaf cooked in, maybe spinach, and beans. It was great.
The winner was the Tomato Coconut, 2nd place was the Chili, and 3rd was the Chestnut soup. That's how I rated them. There were other soups too, but I didn't have room for all of them!
Here's my bowl! It's beautiful.
Thought #2 In downtown DC, right where I work (around the Verizon Center) the busy city has been converted into stables and HUGE beautiful horses are being kept there. They are in town for the International Horse Show. Tonight I walked past them and admired the horses, saw their ribbons hanging outside their stalls, and envied the cute outfits of the riders. The streets were scattered with hay. It really looked like a farm yard. It was so funny to think that this was the middle of the city.
Thought #3 This week has been busy getting ready for a big night out. Tomorrow night I'm attending a big event at my work. It's an exhibition opening and the awards ceremony of the portrait competition that only happens about every three years. I'm excited for it. Stay tuned.
3 comments:
Maggie, you make me miss DC so much!!
There is a girl in my LSAT prep course who reminds me of you a little bit. Every time I see her, I miss you!
the wihs horse show! yay wish i could go watch, but im in boston for the weekend. that's the kind of horse showing i do... maybe i'll try to qualify for wihs someday. you should go see the "puissance" class.
Wow, Mag,great descriptions! Love the bowl! Your food report made me hungry! Yes, lighten your hair again--get your high school look back! Looks like you & Bremen have done some sightseeing! Sounds like you're doing more & more interesting stuff there in DC. I want to visit you again sometime!
Post a Comment