Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Good news/crazy Maggie

You know "mail room chatter?" As in, "cute boots," "whoa, that's a lot of mail today," or "Did you have a nice weekend?"

Today I was delivering a lot of mail and my boss came in to make a copy. He thanked me for something I had worked on last week and I updated him on the outcome of a small issue that had come up. Never one for small talk, he said, "we're going to extend your contract another 6 months. So your contract will be for a year now." 

(!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

What was my reaction? None other than the 3rd-grade/Napoleon Dynamite fisted hand pull from the sky with the requisite, "yesssssssssssssssss!"

Why am I so weird? And completely unprofessional? But yay! I'm employed now till at least October 2010!

9 comments:

lisa said...

ha! sounds like something I would do--congratulations!!

Alisa said...

yay mags!!!! i'm so happy for you! congrats! i miss you!

Alisa said...

yay mags!!!! i'm so happy for you! congrats! i miss you!

AdrianneJayne said...

OMG! MAGGIE! I AM SOOOO HAPPY!!!! Don't worry, I am just as completely weird as you are. I probably would have done the same! EEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!! Now I have more time to come visit you! Seriously! SO HAPPY!

Kim and Layne said...

Perfect reaction! Congratulations!

Jaclyn said...

Awesome, congratulations. You deserve that. Job well done. So excited for you. And I loved the post about "sometimes being an adult is really cool." What a great party. Sometimes it really is cool when we get to pretend to be adults and have fantastic lives. Instead of the boring lives we we live day to day. So happy for you. You deserve it all! Say hi to Breman for us.

Ruthie said...

Wonderful!!!! Well deserved Maggie!

The Wettstein Family said...

I love hearing about your interactions with your boss. Seriously, you could write a romantic comedy about them. I'm not saying that there is something scandalous going on between you and your boss, but I do think that it would make for a great story! ;)

Cami said...

He he! I just watched that movie this afternoon, so this made me laugh! Way to go! You deserve it!