11.2.10
waiting in line to vote
Guys. I have been sick the past week so I'm really trying to not do much. Makes for some boring posts.
On a probably related note- I have been eating so weird lately. Like all I want is oyster crackers and halloween candy. and ice cream. I hardly have an appetite at all. I'm not usually obsessed with halloween candy. But I am this year. I'm sneaking it left and right. It's probably because I'm supposed to be on a diet. And also because I'm sick and I don't know about you but when I'm sick I feel like I'm automatically losing weight so I can eat anything I want. Probably not true.
My throat hurts so bad. This is the second worst it's ever been. The very worst was when I had mono. This is bad. It feels like I have a chicken bone stuck horizontal in my throat. If I had health insurance I would get my tonsils taken out asap.
I will be at work until probably midnight tomorrow if I'm lucky to get out by then. So I don't see myself getting any better any time soon.
Here's the deal with my voting choice. Part of me wanted to vote for the candidate that would make it easier for me to get health insurance. But he also supports something that I didn't feel right about voting for. So I didn't vote for him. I voted for the candidate who's viewpoints are more in line with mine. In a way I feel like I'd rather sacrifice my own health insurance than vote for something I can't support. Plus anyway I knew the first candidate would get elected anyway, so I kind of get both of what I want: the health insurance options and the piece of mind that I didn't vote for policies that I find detrimental to society.
Is that wrong? I don't think so.

No comments:
Post a Comment