Friday, November 12, 2010

wait till you see THIS!

11.12.10
home on a friday night


Today after enjoying a blue-skied, sunny, warm lunch on the steps outside the Natural History Museum, I only wanted to see one thing—The Hyperbolic Crochet Coral Reef. Imagine—yarn in every color of the rainbow, intricately crocheted following mathematical hyperbolic formulas, to form—just as nature—a coral reef—beautifully curated. I was absolutely delighted with the color, the shapes, the vignettes, and the creativity. Wished I'd been able to contribute!

Imagine no more! Feast your eyes on these beauties.









4 comments:

AdrianneJayne said...

quite possible the coolest thing I have ever seen (or not seen)

Andrea Olsen said...

Those are amazing!!!!!!!!!!!
How long did it take to create this thing?

Jordan said...

This coral reef is so incredible! WOW! Looks like you had fun with Mom and your shoes. :)

Jaclyn said...

Whoever made that display obviously learned all they know from Gma Marilyn. Love reading your posts.