Friday, April 01, 2011

You know I love this place, right?

Melanie texted me and said she was going to New York on business and invited me to join her. Um YES! She even let me stay in her fancy midtown hotel. Everything about this trip was perfect...usually when I go to New York I'm running late to everything, don't have enough money, sleeping on floors, couches, sharing beds, being a burden, etc. THIS time my bus tickets were super cheap, dropped me off a block from the hotel, we got to do everything we wanted and didn't have to wait, and I had just enough money. Here's some pics to prove it.

First and foremost I need to admit that in one day I ate 2 hot dogs and 4 pieces of pizza. There I said it.
First stop: Gray's Papaya...hot dogs and pina coladas
Then we strolled through the park


And made our way to the Guggenheim where we saw an exhibition titled, "The Great Upheaval, Modern Art from the Guggenheim Collection, 1910-1918" Such a great formative time in modern art and such an important time in world history.

Then we strolled back through the park and to our hotel. Mel left to go to a work event and I relaxed at the hotel and then walked around the block and got a piece of veggie pizza.



views from the hotel:


 After Mel's work event, we walked across the Brooklyn Bridge and got the best pizza ever at Grimaldi's.


The next day we slept in and took our time and eventually made our way to Times Square where we entered the Wicked lottery. Then hit up Max Brenner for lunch and I successfully entered and exited the place without eating any sweets...it's official now I know I can do anything. We WON the lottery! They called Mel's name so we got front row tickets for $26! The show was great...so fun.


Oh and the M&M color assessment machine said I'm GOLD which is so true and so my favorite color.



After the show we went our separate ways to prepare to head back to DC, but I made a stop at the Macy's Flower Show...I adore a good department store, and New York knows how to do it.


Maybe that's why my favorite book is A Ladies Paradise. Great trip!

2 comments:

Melanie said...

Thanks for the shout out, so glad you could come. The think the world could have done without those pictures of me though.

Megan said...

I've reread "A Ladies Paradise" SO MANY TIMES. Dana and I lived in the neighborhood they talk about in that book. Oh, the memories!

I love living vicariously through you, you know. :)