Thursday, June 19, 2014

10 Things Monthly: May

Here's what I got rid of in the month of May...still catching up, but feels good to purge!

1. Dried floral crown...was just too attached to throw away for awhile, but I'm ready now.
2. Old hair ties - trash
3. Christmas 2013 stickers - recycle
4. Torn up jeans - trash
5. Russian souvenir - donate
6. Greeting cards - donate
7. Old mascara - trash...always have a hard time getting rid of the old ones, even when I have a new one to replace it. Why?
8. Photographs - recycle
9. Old shoes - donate
10. Old shoes - donate

Over the course of two years I've been participating in my own modified version of this challenge. But instead of 100 things total, I'm doing 10 things per month. I LOVE IT. Jess Lively once shared a tidbit that helps with tossing things out. She treats objects as though they come to visit for a time, but they are not a permanent part of her life. This helps me deal with sentimental items such as souvenirs, gifts, and handmade things.

No comments: