Thursday, June 05, 2014

Memorial Day Weekend 2014

Memorial Day weekend I knocked off one of my remaining 11 states I've never visited...namely North Carolina. "But it's so close to DC!" I know, right? Well, I've finally been and the bit I saw was breathtaking. This momentous trip required a home-made movie, which I'm happy to share here on my blog.

I went to Ashville with great friends Kelli, Erin, and Ruth. The scenery, quirky town, and carolina barbeque made the trip all worth it. Catch a glimpse here:


Memorial Weekend 2014 from Maggie Leak on Vimeo.

Check out another beautiful Memorial Day weekend movie, made by the lovely Melanie, here! Looks like she's got some skills! Next time I'd like to try doing more still video shots, instead of all the jumpy crazy stuff. Also I'd like to have a real camera some day and not have to rely on my iPhone.

Have you ever made a homemade movie to memorialize a trip or weekend? It's so fun and easy to do on iMovie. You should try it. Here's the last movie I made on a trip to upstate New York.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

I love this. I'm kind of obsessed with taking video now. I've even spent some time watching random travel videos on Vimeo trying to get a sense of what kind of shots to take.

What did you end up getting at Tupelo Honey Cafe? Where did you eat BBQ? I bet Biltmore was beautiful in the spring. I loved seeing it decorated for Christmas but was sad that it was too cold to really enjoy the grounds.