Well that was over quick. Last week I posted about some upcoming excitement over a first date and DJing my first dance. It was not a good night. He and I did not hit it off and we have not kept in touch. I was invited to join an amazing and inspiring faith-based dating blog called "The Two Year Club," where I wrote a bit more about my experience. Here's a link. I recommend browsing it. There's some inspiring and entertaining stuff on there.
The DJing didn't go all that well either, since there was a sound limit, which was ridiculously low. If the volume exceeded a certain level, the speakers would shut off and the whole place would go silent. It happened like 50 times. It was embarrassing, but it was not my fault. I swear the sound got quieter and quieter as the night went on. I was sitting right by the speakers and couldn't hear the music.
Plus all the old people and their requests were getting on my nerves. It was cute watching them dance though and trying to make them happy.
I was pretty bummed about the weekend, but luckily Heavenly Father has answered my prayers and sustained my spirits during my attempts at dating. I'm trying. And I know he wants to bless me. Heavenly Father knows me so well, because I always need something to look forward to, and if I'm bummed, I need outings and friends to distract me.
After checking my email first thing Monday morning, I learned that I've been selected for a 2nd round of interviews at a campus museum in Ohio. They are flying me out where I will stay two nights at an inn on campus and one full day of interviews. I AM SO NERVOUS. I have never done anything like this before. I am going to have to be ON all day. I received my itinerary today and I'll be eating breakfast with the museum director and then take a full day of tours, lunch with students, and a lengthy search committee interview. I was seriously floored that I even got a 1st round interview, but now they want me to come to campus?! I know they are considering a handful of applicants, so I am truthfully not extremely optimistic that I will get this job, but I'm going to give it my all and see what happens.
THEN, I can't even believe this, but I got called for an interview with the Harvard Art Museums. Normally I wouldn't really go into the specifics of where I'm applying, but come on, this is Harvard and I must brag for just a second. My interview with them is on Monday, and again, I'm so nervous and have a lot of prep work to do.
Where my dating life is continually striking out, at least my professional life has some exciting things going on.
Thursday, June 26, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh MY GOODNESS!!!! I'm so excited for you.:) how did everything go??
Post a Comment