Today as I was sitting in my Modern Architecture class my mind turned back to a conversation I had with a man on my mission. His name was Cliff and was a recently reactivated member. I was telling him about all the many directions I wish I could go in this life. Life is too short to fulfill everything I want to do! But I will say that I think I'm choosing the very best path for this one mortal life I have to live!
So here's a list of all the things I would do if I had multiple mortal lives to live.
1) This may sound so ridiculous to some of you, but many of you don't know that my senior year of high school I considered entering into the Air Force Academy. Crazy huh? I think t
he whole reason why I thought of all this was because we were studying the design of the AFA campus today in my modern architecture class. I think the AFA is similar to BYU in many ways. Both sets of students live according to a high standard. On both campuses loyalty to our God comes first and then to our nation. Both campuses are set among the Rocky Mountains, with the aesthetics of the campus considered very
important (the design of the AFA was inspired by the Acropolis in Greece). The chapel at the AFA is one of the most inspiring places I have ever seen! And the LDS
population at the AFA is held at a very high regard. So I would choose to be in the Air Force for one of my lives.2) Another life I want to live is to be an Olympic runner
3) I want to be a politician
4) I wish I could be a ballet dancer
5) I wish I could live a life where I was a glamorous movie star
6) A singer/ song writer
7) An artist
8) A near perfect mom/homemaker who is good at everything and grinds my own wheat to make homemade bread
9) Fluent in many languages and travel a lot!
10) A Scholar/professor who touches the lives of countless students
Anyway this is just starting...The list could go on forever. There's a few things I would never change in any of these lives and that is to have the Gospel in my life and to be a wife and mother!
What lives would you choose if you could have more than one?
oh p.s. I got my hair done this weekend (cut and color) and had a makeover at the MAC counter! Before/after pictures to come soon!
5 comments:
Mags!!! I remember when you told me you wanted to go into the Air Force...Yay! I love your cute blogs. I can't wait to see your new hairdo. Loves and I wish we would hang out more!
Becs
How much do they charge to do that at mac? I always wondered about that.
Sweet! I can't wait to see the makeover.
In my other life, given that the Lord blessed me with a singing voice, I would REALLY want to be on broadway. I'd be the narrator for Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat. The only black narrator as far as I know :)
Nordstrom was having a VIP makeover party so I signed up in advance and paid 15$. Then when I bought a few things at MAC they reimbursed me, so basically it was free with a purchase. I don't know how much it is regularly.
But it's totally worth it. I learned so much about applying makeup!
Hey maggie! It's Andrea, Remember me?
Anywho, Bo (the hubby) served in Colorado. And in the first part of his mission the AFA was actually in his area. He got to visit it several times, and he said that it was awesome.
(I actually got postcards from that visit).
Reach for the sky.
Post a Comment