I've accepted an internship with the Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden!
I feel like such a grown up!
Needless to say, I am very excited and full of gratitude. I'll be working in the registration department, working specifically on a project involving the sculpture garden. We'll be doing inventory, condition reports, moving to off-site storage, and maintaining of the computer data system. We'll also be working on the installation of a Louise Bourgeois retrospective that has been put together by the Tate Modern in London.
I really hope and feel that this opportunity will propel me towards greater experiences to come, such as grad school and an eventual career as a curator.
Come visit me in Washington D.C.!
The Hirshhorn is right on Washington Mall!
p.s. so I've kind of never actually been to D.C. before... Can anyone recommend a great, current guide book?

7 comments:
That's awesome Maggie!! When do you start? That sounds like such a cool museum. I am jealous. It reminds me of going to the Rodin museum and walking around outside looking at all the sculpture. Is it anything like that? Well, sounds awesome and I need to see you before you go :) Because it's been too long. Let's get some French pastries, reminisce and you can tell me all about your future internship! CALL ME!
congrats maggie! I would love an excuse to travel to DC.
WOW! Congratulations Maggs! I'm so proud of you! You have done so many cool things, and I'm quite jealous! Can't wait to see you this weekend so you can tell me more about it! Loves!!
Yay! You're back on the blogging train! That man you work with is HOT HOT HOT! Yummmmmmm! So excited for you!
Wow, Maggie! Now I see why you are so excited! I see great things in store for you! I definitely plan to visit you while you're in DC, a place I LOVE!!! It's neat that you got such a good one. Is anyone else you know going to be working there with you? I still want to know more!!!
Congratulations, my sweet Maggie!!! I'm so proud of/jealous of/excited for you! Share every adventurwe with me through your blog--I'll need it after the umpteenth diaper change and game of peek-a-boo. :)
Buy the D.C. version of the guidebook we had in France! Wasn't that guidebook awesome? I still pull my copy out every so often to savor the memories... :)
Congrats Maggie! I'm excited to pick you up from the airport!
Post a Comment