Thursday, November 13, 2008

ups and downs

I'm not being dramatic when I say that this past week has been one of the hardest weeks of my life. I've cried, I've prayed, I haven't slept, and I think I'm about two inches shorter. 

I'll spare you all the boring details of my stressful school life but the only reason why it's been remotely doable is because I know why I'm doing it and that I have good things coming around the corner. Plus I got to spend A LOT of time (too much time) with these beauties.
This is Cezanne's Mont Sainte-Victoire with Large Pine.
I'm writing my senior thesis on it. I've been working on it for over a year. It was due last Monday and it about killed me.


This is the Nike of Samothrace. It's so beautiful and I spent all day today writing a paper about it.

Ok well, my horrible week is not quite over because I have to take a French exam by Saturday which means a lot of catching up on reading and studying like crazy.

BUT HERE IS THE GOOD NEWS. On Monday I was offered an internship at the Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden in Washington D.C. I was so surprise when I got the phone call that I was shaking for like an hour afterwards. Oh wait that might have been from my no sleeping, stressing big time and no eating.

Then the next day I received an offer from the National Museum of Women in the Arts. Again I was shocked and really pleased. But managed to contain myself a little better. 

So that's been my week so far. I'm just trying to enjoy the journey, but it's not easy.

oh. p.s. I saw Adrianne's wedding gown tonight and it's soooo pretty. I can't wait for all the wedding festivities.

8 comments:

The Barber Bunch said...

YEA!! I'm so excited you got those two offers! Which are you going to take? I'm sorry this week has been so stressful, but like you said, good things are around the corner and it looks like it's paying off. And what??? Adrianne's getting married?! Ok, serious need to get together to catch up. I'm up for anything. ASAP!! Get a hold of me and we'll do some planning. LOVE YOU AND MISS YOU! (P.S. I might work for this French guy, maybe I'll brush up on my French and be able to have a conversation with you again!!)

Alisa said...

YEAH!!!!! Maggie I am SO happy for your internship offers.....wow!! I'm assuming you have to choose one, right?!! Are you pulled to one over the other?!! I'm so proud of all you're doing! I saw Holly yesterday and she told me about the crazy week you've been having. I'm sorry I wasn't more aware and helping you out more. You can do it!! Congrats on the offers!

IzeOfLight said...

WOOOO! Congrats! You deserve the multiple offers! That is so fantastic, and I am so excited for you. And I LOVE the Nike of Samothrace!

Kim and Layne said...

Wow! Congrats on the two offers...that has to make you feel AWESOME! Sorry about school being stressful...I am so glad that I don't have to worry about papers and tests anymore. Adrianne? Engaged? isn't she like...16. Lol...just kidding. I can't believe she is getting married! And when did your mom move to a farm?

Julie said...

Congrats Maggie! Sounds like your hard work is paying off.... how cool. I am an Art History major too and I'm jealous you're doing all this cool stuff.

And I can't believe your sis is getting married! I can't believe she's old enough! When did we all grow up?

Kirsten said...

hey maggie! it's kirsten! i am so excited for you!!!!!!!!! that is awesome, i knew you would go somewhere, just don't get married because then you will never go anywhere like me. and i am excited about your senior thesis, i had no idea you where taking it this semester. i really want to come and hear your presentation, so you will have to let me know when that is. hope things continue to keep looking up.

Endless Days and Northern Nights said...

Holy Crapulations! That is so exciting Maggie! We're so happy for you! You are so freaking COOL! I love being related to you. tee hee.

AdrianneJayne said...

Yay! I love it when you update and talk about art. it warms me soul!