Anyone who knows me pretty well knows that I love art and art shows, fairs, and venues, etc. I also love art and charity. So the Department of Visual Arts puts on an annual Vending Machine Art Fair. What that means is that artists create small works of art and donate them to the fair. The works are placed in a vending machine (the kind that has bigger sections where you open the individual sliding door to get what you want out of it). So tonight people could come and take turns choosing a work of art out of the machine, enter your money, and then open the door to get what you chose. All the money went to the Provo Food Coalition. Even though I had to wait an hour and a half, it was an awesome experience. Here's what I got!
The multi-media collage was UNO dollar! and it's really colorful and full of texture and fits in my room quite well. The small (looks like a woodblock print) was $2.50 and I was actually drawn to that one while it was still on the replenishment table. So when it was my turn I bought the collage out of the machine and bought the print off the table too. I really love them! Good job to the artists!
(Caranine, I wish you could have been here!
You actually called me from Boston while I was waiting for my turn)
3 comments:
Very very cute! I wish I could have gone, that sounds really really fun!
aw, i wish i could have been there!!! it must have been like ESP or something that made me call at that exact moment. what a great idea to promote art!
NO! I didn't realize I'd missed it! I LOVE that woodblock print. Good choices.
Post a Comment