Saturday, May 07, 2011

goodness to come

 From beautiful spring in Kansas City back to Washington DC, I feel like I have so much to blog about. Here's a quick list of blog posts to keep an eye out for:
*last day in Paris (Still haven't finished posting the trip)
*Cherry blossoms
*More Shoes You This Day goodness
*Trip to KC

Thanks to all of you for your sweet comments on my blog. I feel a little silly and might ban ego-inflating comments from now on. So from now on no more of that frilly fluffy stuff. Just say things like...ugh you're going back to SCHOOL? or Your commute sounds awful. Just keep commenting so I know people read, but don't be so ridiculous people!

The above pic is of Meridian Hill park in DC. So beautiful and relaxing. My friend had a birthday picnic here today and it was a delightful mix of people. The weather was perfect, everyone appeared to have the best taste in food, because the food was AWESOME, and the atmosphere was sweet. I looked around and there were picnic-ers all over and everyone was young like in their 20s and it was just exciting. I love being in areas where young people congregate and it's chill and wholesome.

And one more thing...can I just say that even though I just said no more ego-inflating comments I just need to lift the ban for one little thing. I deserve this. Here goes: I STILL have not eaten sweets, desserts, treats, whatever you want to call it since I started on February 13!!! (except for one time when common courtesy dictated otherwise) It is so hard sometimes. It sucks. But anyway- today was one of those hard days so I just needed to say that I got through it.

I'm speaking in sacrament meeting tomorrow AND teaching Relief Society...it's 11:46 pm I guess I should start on my lesson.

ok bye.

2 comments:

Jaclyn said...

You're smart, you're beautiful, you're talented, you're kind, you're thoughtful and dog gone it, people like you!

And don't think you can boss me around. I'll tell you all the VERY true things about yourself even if you don't like it.

Happy Mothers Day to one of the most amazing woman I know.

Love you

Cami said...

It's quite impossible to think of Maggie without the most virtuous and honestly good words slipping out of your mouth, so you might as well get used to it.

This place looks marvelous. I wish i were there right now.

Way to go on the no sweets. I use "common courtesy" every day, even when no one is looking. is that a virtue? Wouldn't mind exchanging it for some discipline.