Tuesday, May 31, 2011

May 31, 2011

I felt so out of style this morning when I was walking to work. If I'm not wearing a pencil skirt with a tucked in blouse with a skinny belt I am not in style so it would seem. I almost broke my no repeats rule this morning but at the last minute decided I needed to keep going...so that's why I'm out of style. I'm wearing a grey A-line pinstriped skirt with a lighter grey blouse with flowy sleeves and a black shade underneath. Out of desperation and the 98 degree forecast I took a pair of scissors to my shade and cut the bottom half off. I feel good about that. No more extra layer where its not even needed.

It is HOT today but I ran this morning! I love it when that happens. And as today is the day after Memorial Day, I have successfully completed my goal of no desserts or sweets since I started the day before Valentine's Day, and at times, it was really hard! This is my second year of doing this, and I might make it an annual tradition. This year I definitely wanted to get in better shape, but I haven't noticed much of a physical difference, though other improvements are unmistakable. A little weight loss, tons more energy, sleeping better, fewer headaches, and exercising more frequently. But there is still more I could be doing. So as of right now, I don't plan to run to Baked and Wired on my lunch break. I think I'll just keep doing what I'm doing and if Melanie Steimle decides to put yet another fabulous one-of-a-kind cake in front of me or a cupcake or homemade ice cream, I may decide to partake. It would be cool to go sugar free for a year, but I dont think Ill do it this time.

I had the best weekend ever. And overall have been doing some really fun things lately. I love summer! If I can bum some pics off people I will post about the weekend soon.

2 comments:

Shan said...

I'm so glad you had an awesome weekend! I so proud of you for achieving your goal! Too bad I'm not there for another cupcake bakery crawl, but it's probably a good thing. Hope work is going well! I have an interview today!

Lauren said...

Um, I cannot believe you went sugar free for that long. I am quite impressed, and I definitely do not think I have that same level of self control!

And, I'm with you, I love summer. The world just seems better when the weather warms up!