Friday, May 20, 2011

Last Day in Paris, January 2nd 2011

Free First Sunday of the month! This is my last post about the trip.
We spent the morning up here:
Photobucket

Watching over things with these guys:
Photobucket

Taking in the grey views:
Photobucket

Then sought out some COLOR!
Photobucket
I was so obsessed with France's frocked Christmas trees in every color of the rainbow...definitely will be doing in my future.

Paid my respects to Emile Zola
 Here.
And bought a copy of my favorite book, Au Bonheur des Dames or The Ladies' Paradise written by him in the French language...I've been on page 2 for about a month.

How is it that even the trash in France is adorable? I almost ran off with one of these crates.

Bremen and I had our last little Parisian moment at Les Halles. We said au revoir to the setting sun.

And on our final commute home, we stopped to listen to a full orchestra in the metro.

Bremen and I both read Ernest Hemingway's A Moveable Feast while in Paris, something everyone should do, especially if you spend a lot of time on the left bank and in the Latin Quarter comme nous.

But this is how Paris was in the early days when we were very poor and very happy.

2 comments:

Lauren said...

Oh this made me so homesick (heartsick?) for Paris. Can you be homesick for a place you only lived for four wonderful months? I say you can. Thank you for the lovely pictures!!

Also, CONGRATULATIONS about grad school. I know I'm so behind, but better late than never, right? I'll be in VA soon, and I will definitely be coming to DC for visits. We will have to play!

jendar said...

it's been two years since i've visited paris. i really miss that place.