So I moved to a different apartment building within my complex and it is down closer to the Rockville Pike and the elevated Metro tracks. Because of these minor inconveniences the cost of rent is cheaper. That's why I moved.
Now every two minutes my room shakes to the clattering sound of the metro train passing by. I'm a very light sleeper. Last night was my first night in the room and I turned my fan on high to give me some white noise. The Metro is closed between about 1 am and 5 am. Somehow I made it till about 6:15am before the metro woke me up. I had my earplugs waiting on my bedside table for this very purpose. I put them in and was still bothered by the noise for a few minutes, but the earplugs must have blanked it out fairly well because I woke up again at 7:30 when my roommate walked into my room to get her clothes out of the closet. My pillow was over my head.
I hope I can survive this living situation. Will I get used to the noise?
Tuesday, June 02, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
hi maggie! I'm thinking yes. have you ever heard of coqui frogs? They chirp constantly when the sun goes down and they infest some areas of the big island. anyway, I got used to sleeping with that after a couple nights. Not quite the same thing though. i hope you get more sleep!
That stinks about getting woken up, but the fact that you can hear the metro from your room makes you a real city girl. That's something, isn't it?
Post a Comment