Tuesday, June 09, 2009

CONFESSION:

I love MTV's The Real World. It's ok you can start making fun of me...3..2..1..now. I was looking at a list of all the seasons yesterday and while I have not seen every season, I realized that I started watching it my freshman year in high school {when my family got cable} and haven't missed much since. There was a good 7 season stretch from 1999 (freshman year) to 2004 (year I left for the mission) where I tuned in to at least some of the episodes. I picked up watching it again in 2007 and I've seen two seasons since I've been home from the mission.

I'll be the first to admit that a lot of it is trashy. I probably had to change the channel sometimes when my mom walked in the room. But I love it because I love traveling and big cities. I love seeing all the adventures they encounter. They always have awesome houses to live in and in great locations. Despite the cushy environment the people live in, they really are real people from all over the country and they all have a story. I love watching how they interact and the relationships that form.

So now you might understand why I'm so excited that the next Real World to be filmed will take place right here in DC! A lot of people are annoyed about this, but I figure it's only for 3 months and it can't be any worse than the hoards of interns (yes, I was one of them) and tour buses that come through. They'll live in Dupont about 5 blocks from where I lived at the Barlow Center. The filming starts June 20th. I think I'll wander over to the house sometime during filming just to take a look.

4 comments:

Lauren said...

This is the best news...EVER! Maggie, please accidentally/on purpose run into them, befriend them and make a cameo on the show. That would be the highlight of my life. I can't judge you because I'm a "of love" junkie (like I love New York, Rock of Love, Daisy of Love - amazing). Plus, I a little bit love the Real World Challenges!!

Sheryl said...

and i will be taking a look with you.

CS said...

oh brother... sounds like i might be neighbors with the RW crew... not sure I want all that drama! lol

jendar said...

ha. i think you are so cool for admitting that you like the real world. who doesnt right? i love it too! remember how the paris real world was filmed months before we got there? i think i even went to the house where they lived as it was not too far from my own house.