Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Eating Cheetos at Work

Me: Hand in Cheetos bag {hidden under desk}
New young and handsome boss: waits by elevator in the hallway outside the clear office doors
Me: Must keep cheetos hidden till he gets on elevator
Boss: Walks into elevator
Me: Stuff a handful of Cheetos into my mouth
Boss: Steps back out of elevator and through glass doors to my desk
Me: Trying to discretely chew while keeping my orange fingers hidden under desk
Boss: "Can you meet with me at 4:00 to give me some suggestions on the administration department?"
Me: Still chewing and crunching, "ok"

AWKWARD!!! What am I? 5 years old? Did I mention it's 10:30 AM!!

5 comments:

Ash said...

oh girl I know the feeling! He probably thought it was cute!

Lauren said...

I a little bit laughed out loud when I read that!! I love that story, and it's so something I would do (and did at my internship). It's just the icing on the cake that it happened at 10:30!!

Beth said...

Mags, you are totally a Goodrich!!! Did you know all Goodrich women (at least to my knowledge) LOVE Cheetos!!! Way to take one for the team!!! Awesome story!

jes said...

You kill me that is so cute!

Holly said...

that is hilarious. and yet i'm sure you looked so sophisticated and innocent when it happened. you're smooth. he had no idea. i just wish i could have been there to giggle with you after wards. miss you!