Wednesday, December 02, 2009

2000-2010: A decade in review #2

*Courtwarming*

When: January 2000
Where: Kansas City, MO

My friends and I had a tradition that our dates' underwear must match our dresses. My dress was bright red. The night of Courtwarming was snowy, icy, and miserable. Nick and I fought at dinner and I spent most of the time in the bathroom, avoiding him. We almost died when his car spun out of control on an icy freeway entrance ramp and plunged down the snowy hill onto the freeway below. No one was hurt. After the dance, we went back to his house, and he sat me down on the couch and said, "After everything we've been through tonight, I wasn't going to go through all this trouble without showing you this." I had no idea what he was talking about. Then, with a super cheesy grin, he unbuckled his belt and dropped his pants. Bright red satin boxer shorts.  

6 comments:

AdrianneJayne said...

I yiyiyi! Scandolous! Juuust kidding... but i remember those shorts!

jendar said...

thats super funny.

Endless Days and Northern Nights said...

CAN'T. STOP. LAUGHING.

i love you. you are the best!

Mare said...

Raytown high school traditions are definitely worth writing about because you guys had some crazy ones! I love the story I think I got a tear cracking up!

P.S. when I read the last post suddenly I thought of one guys I managed to forget over the past 5 years that sadly was in both our lives there for a while... oh what in the world is Dusty doing these days???

The Wettstein Family said...

HILARIOUS!! I love your stories!

LMemory said...

I'm IN AWE RIGHT NOW! Hahahahaha oh my gosh. I can't believe he just dropped his pants. Awesome.