Due to the nature of tonight's forthcoming events, I thought tonight's post was most appropriate...
When: Spring 2001
Where: Outside my house in Kansas City, MO
I was a Junior. Nick was away at college in Southern Missouri. I missed him. I was in the thick of swim season and I came home exhausted and wet from swim practice. It was still cold outside. I pulled up to park my car on the side of the street in front of my house. Something on the other side of the street caught my eye as I was getting out of my car. I looked over and Nick was leaning out the window of his car smiling a big goofy grin. I was shocked to see him because he was supposed to be 3 hours away. He came right up to me and I melted in his arms. I buried my face in his chest and he patted my dripping head. He told me to go inside, blow dry my hair, and then he took me over to Longview Lake and we went on a walk and he took me to a place where his dad had always taken him. And we just talked and walked.
So right now I'm at my dad's house in Blue Springs, MO and I'm waiting to hear a knock on the door any second. Nick is coming to pick me up. I haven't seen him in 2 1/2 years.
(love you all who are commenting! And I dug up a few pics at my mom's last night, so you may see some soon. The rest are at Jordan's house in Utah, so I'll post some more over Christmas break!)
Saturday, December 05, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I love these little peeks into your life, and I'm so excited for you to see Nick! You guys are going to have a blast reliving old memories.
And yes - post pictures! I want to put faces to names!
whoa--this is intriguing. I want to hear more.
You gotta tell me about seeing Nick!!! I still remember us talking about/comparing/reminiscing and what not about your Nick and my Jeff - crazy high school relationships! - in Paris! Good times!
Post a Comment