Thursday, December 03, 2009

2000-2010: A decade in review #3

When: Spring 2000
Where: My house in Kansas City, MO

When I was 16 my dating philosophy was: I'll date Nick, but if I meet a nice Mormon boy, someone who I could potentially marry, I will date him too.

Enter: Nelson Atagi from the Blue Mills Ward

Phone call conversation between Nick and me:
Maggie: "blah blah blah...oh can you hold on a sec? I have another call."
Nick: "ok"
*****
Maggie: "Hello"
Nelson: "Hey Maggie"
Maggie: "NELSON! Hi! I haven't heard from you in a while. How are you? Can you hang on a second?"
Nelson: "ok"
*****
Maggie: "Nick? I have to go"
Nick: (nonchalantly) "Who was that?"
Maggie: "Some lady for my mom. Something about taxes."
Nick: "Maggie, don't lie to me."
Maggie: (panicked) "I'm not lying!"
Nick: "I just heard your whole conversation."
Maggie: (shrill) "But I didn't lie!"
-click-

uh, yeah. So that's how Nick found out about Nelson.

Now I'm off to my work Holiday party!

3 comments:

AdrianneJayne said...

Hahahahahahhahahahahhahahhahaha!

Lauren said...

hilarious! I love that you were a little heartbreaker in high school!

Alisa said...

yay! i just caught up on your blog and I can't wait to read the rest of your decade reviews. I love it! Makes me want to go back and document some classics from 16-26! Wow! A lot has changed since I was 16! Love you and miss you Mags!