I went to my college graduation not knowing if or when I would actually graduate. (don't tell my boss that!) I paid the graduation fee, bought the cap and gown (rip off), and showed up. The morning of the Convocation, I waited in line back stage to pick up my name card. It wasn't there. Nor was my name in any of the programs. I was only slightly worried, because I thought I had signed up for August graduation anyway.
My parents flew out to Utah, my siblings got together, I took 3 days off my new job to fly out. I walked across the stage, and go
My parents flew out to Utah, my siblings got together, I took 3 days off my new job to fly out. I walked across the stage, and go
t my professional
picture taken (and already have received many e-mails from them trying to get me to buy the prints). All this with an unfinished research paper haunting me! After the ceremonies, my dad asked me what I thought about it. I said, "They said some really great things, but I don't feel like any of it applies to me just yet. I'll wait to find out when I really graduate and then think more about it."
The day after graduation my mom, brother, and I headed back east in my car. We drove for three days. I mostly sat in the backseat and worked on my last paper or complained about how I needed to be working on my last paper.
When I got back to DC, I checked in with my academic advi
The day after graduation my mom, brother, and I headed back east in my car. We drove for three days. I mostly sat in the backseat and worked on my last paper or complained about how I needed to be working on my last paper.
When I got back to DC, I checked in with my academic advi
sor. She made a few calls and e-mails around campus and just this morning I learned that I indeed will be receiving my diploma in the mail within a few weeks! So I'm officially done!
From left: Lindsey Christensen, Kelsey Rudd, Whitney Hardie, and me!
Me and Kelsey: MOA buddies!
We share many memories of drilling D hooks on the backs of frames, hanging and rehanging and rehanging the racks, measuring walls and installing paintings, glueing duck sauce on the wall, blowing up balloons, doing condition reports, and taking naps under the tables.
Art History buddies! Let us never forget 3112 JKB.

6 comments:
I'm so glad you finished!! No more papers for a while. Congrats! And it was so good to see you and hang out with you, even if it really only was a few hours. loves!
congrats maggie! Your job sounds exciting and fun.
YEAH! What a great feeling! I was just catching up on your last several posts and I'm dying over your phone conversation. That is classic! I'm impressed you kept cool and kept from laughing. That is hilarious! Thanks for taking us on your adventures! Love you!
Congrats, Maggie! I loved your soccer mom entry. It really is an experience to be sure. I think I'm going to head back out to DC at the beginning of July. We'll definitely need to play! Maybe even plan another trip to our favorite - CAPE MAY!
Whewww.. looks like you dodged that bullet! Good job, girl!
I'm terribly jealous! Hopefully it doesn't take me 7 years though!!! :)
check my blog!
Congrats Maggie. Graduating is a good feeling, ain't it!! All that hard work was actually for something, after all. :)
Post a Comment