After a wonderful Christmas themed Sacrament meeting with French I could actually understand, Bremen and I explored more of the Hotel-de-Ville area, Ile de la Cite, and the Latin Quarter. I loved the sunshine.
I adore this building, the Hotel-de-Ville, or in other words, the City Hall. I ice skated here 7 years ago. Remember Nuit Blanche and the life changing experience I had within the courtyard of this building? Remember how 5 years later I wrote my Contemporary Art semester paper on that experience and got an A on it and in the class?
And just for fun in the Middle Ages people were executed in this square by sentence of quartering. Need help picturing this? All four limbs tied to four different horses and charging in four different directions. Got it?

One bridge. Tons of Pics.

Only Bremen's eye can capture this:
Three beautiful facades
Making our way to Notre-Dame
3rd time there in 3 days. And we even went back several more times.

I then happened upon the most delightful discovery: A bridge where lovers lock their love and throw away the key.
And then perhaps my favorite place in Paris. And Bremen's too.
We went there a couple times and bought books each time. I could just cuddle up and read there all day.


And here's a little musical snack. Shakespeare sure does inspire.
I then took Bremen to this beautiful church in the Latin Quarter, St. Severin.
We loved our day. Hope you did too.






3 comments:
You're killing me. It all looks so fantastic. I'm so happy you're having a great time!
Thanks for the trip down memory lane! Looks like you had an amazing time :)
Oh, Mags...I'm so happy you got to see our beloved city again, and yet so incredibly jealous I'd happily run down my own grandmother for the chance to see it again!!! It makes my heart HURT to see all those gorgeous pics!
And I'm so very sad I missed seeing you in Utah--we're still SICK. Boo hoo hoo. I hope you and Val had a fab time!
Post a Comment