Wednesday, February 02, 2011

Paris Day 5: The Louvre

Photobucket


Photobucket

2 comments:

Erin said...

Maggie, I want to be commenting on these pictures, but they hurt my heart too much. I can't look at Europe pictures without heartache. So sorry, but I just can't leave you a comment about them.

Megan said...

Okay--beams of light outside a cafe in the shadow of the Sacre Coeur?!? HEAVEN!!!

And I cannot look at Winged Victory without tearing up--it was by far the most arresting, breathtaking piece of art in the entire Louvre (for me, at least). It's MAGESTIC. (Though I admit I also teared up over the Mona Lisa, even though I was a mile away from it, blocked by a sea of Japanese tourists taking pictures of it next to the "No Pictures" sign. That's actually how I knew I was in the right place--all the tourists and all the flashing cameras!)