Friday, August 08, 2014

My Maggie August

To me August is exhausting, emotional, nostalgic, and sleepy. It's the month that all the non-stop fun of summer catches up to you. It's the hottest month, usually, and all you want to do is be on an extended vacation. It's your last chance to fit in everything you want to do. It's a month of goodbyes and until-next-years. And inevitably, the month is cut short by responsibility.

Of course, my past three Augusts have been races to fit in as much school work as possible before fall semester starts, so I'm not the August vacationing type. But starting next year, I want to take an actual summer vacation. My playlist this month was inspired by the complicated emotions of August--happiness and sadness. There are plenty of good beats, forlorn melodies, and summer themes. I also like the subtle touches of hope.

Here's the playlist:


And one song not on Spotify:




Last year's August playlist here.

No comments: