Tuesday, November 08, 2016

Maggie’s Must-Watch Gilmore Girls Guide


All Gilmore Girls fans have a story of how Lorelai, Rory, and Stars Hollow became the makings of their favorite tv show.

Mine? 

Senior year of college, I was introduced to the show by a roommate who let me borrow her 7-season DVD set. I coped with the never-ending art history papers, French and art classes, and campus museum job by spending Friday nights cuddled with my freshman sister on my twin bed enveloping ourselves in this wonderful world of seasonal traditions, junk food galore, and quirky characters.

With the new Netflix mini-series coming out in three weeks, there’s no way at this point anyone can get through all seven seasons in preparation. My must-watch guide will save you hours and hours and help you follow the most important story lines. You will lose some of the charm by not seeing everything, but you won’t lose any of the most important life-changing decisions made by the Gilmore girls.

My guide is fully biased towards the story lines I find the most interesting—namely Rory’s love life and milestones. Lorelai’s important relationships take a close second, but I skip over some that are trivial. Lastly, I focus on the most magical episodes that Gilmore Girls does so well. The ones that create a wonderland of small-town tradition. I tried so hard to be concise, so I had to leave out some favorite episodes in the name of following the most important story lines. I'm still shocked by how many I'm including--46 to be exact. Enough to watch about 3 episodes everyday from now until Thanksgiving. Are you up to the challenge? You can thank me later. 

See my full must-watch guide below. I renamed most of the episodes to reflect what stands out to me, so they get a little silly. I'd be interested to hear your feedback about what I’ve chosen.




SEASON 1


S1E1: Pilot

S1E6: Rory's Birthday Parties

S1E7: Rory's First Kiss

S1E8: SNOW

S1E14: Enter Christopher


S1E16: The Breakup


S1E21: The Proposals


SEASON 2


S2E3: Escape


S2E5: Jess


S2E10: Bjork


S2E13: Warming Up


S2E22: Sookie's Wedding (And Other Juicy Things)



SEASON 3


S3E7: Dance-A-Thon


S3E8: Yale


S3E16: The Letters Pt. 1


S3E17: The Decision


S3E22: Rory's Graduation - TEARS



SEASON 4


S4E2: College


S4E4: Pining


S4E21: Boy Developments


S4E22: Firsts



SEASON 5


S5E3: Enter LOGAN


S5E6: Life or Death Brigade


S5E7: You Jump, I Jump


S5E8: Don't Belong


S5E13: Couple DRAMA


S5E15: THROUGH THE WINDOW






S5E16: THAT KISS


S5E19: The Huntzbergers


S5E21: Don't Got It


S5E22: Mistakes



SEASON 6


S6E1: Repercussions


S6E8: This Isn't You


S6E9: Kid, You Have No Idea


S6E11: Bad Luck


S6E13: That's How We Do It


S6E15: VALENTINE'S DAY


S6E22: Partings



SEASON 7


S7E4: S'wonderful, S'marvelous


S7E8: Surprise!


S7E13: Be There For Each Other


S7E14: Not Right


S7E18: I'm Sorry


S7E19: The Letters Pt. 2


S7E21: Rory's Graduation


S7E22: Finale

2 comments:

LMemory said...

This is perfect because I've always avoided watching seasons 1 & 2! Now I can watch just these episodes and feel ready.

#teamjess

maggie said...

Season 2 is my favorite! Totally worth catching up on those.