11.7.10
on the street after church:
gold and orange
p.s. dinner-in-a-pumpkin for dinner
See those hot orange heels? They belong to Stacie. This was taken at the Washington D.C. Stake Center after a CES fireside. She's my first guest blogger and here's what she has to say:
First of all I want to say that I'm honored to be the first guest of Maggie's shoe project! To start I know Maggie through church but mostly visiting teaching. What Maggie has done for me is uplift, encourage, enlighten, strengthen and brighten my outlook on a lot things including the gospel and everyday life. She is a true friend!
A little bit about my shoe background is that, well, I would rather be barefoot:). However this year I have desired to branch out and buy some clothes and definitely shoes that I wouldn't usually wear (the coral heels being one of them). To do this I needed help from a friend. We began with the clothes. It wasn't until about 2 or 3 months later that the shoe shopping happened. In the time between wearing my new clothes and buying the shoes I realized that shoes can totally make or break an outfit (and not to mention emphasize the ankle of a woman, which may sound silly but ankles can be a very captivating tool).
What branching out did for me was help me to feel more confident, flirty and, well, awesome! I know that material things are only temporary but I am thankful to have what I have and to know that looking my best can help me to feel my best. If only shoes could talk! Imagine the stories they could tell...
See those hot orange heels? They belong to Stacie. This was taken at the Washington D.C. Stake Center after a CES fireside. She's my first guest blogger and here's what she has to say:
First of all I want to say that I'm honored to be the first guest of Maggie's shoe project! To start I know Maggie through church but mostly visiting teaching. What Maggie has done for me is uplift, encourage, enlighten, strengthen and brighten my outlook on a lot things including the gospel and everyday life. She is a true friend!
A little bit about my shoe background is that, well, I would rather be barefoot:). However this year I have desired to branch out and buy some clothes and definitely shoes that I wouldn't usually wear (the coral heels being one of them). To do this I needed help from a friend. We began with the clothes. It wasn't until about 2 or 3 months later that the shoe shopping happened. In the time between wearing my new clothes and buying the shoes I realized that shoes can totally make or break an outfit (and not to mention emphasize the ankle of a woman, which may sound silly but ankles can be a very captivating tool).
What branching out did for me was help me to feel more confident, flirty and, well, awesome! I know that material things are only temporary but I am thankful to have what I have and to know that looking my best can help me to feel my best. If only shoes could talk! Imagine the stories they could tell...
2 comments:
yAYYYaa.. love the guest blogging idea!
i love that you are doing this shoes project. it's such a great idea!
p.s. i need to come visit you in d.c.
Post a Comment