Friday, December 17, 2010

Shoes You This Day: thoughts on today (listed numerically)

1) This is what I saw looking down.

 2) This is what I saw looking straight ahead.
 3) This was my nightly to do list I made at work. The only thing I didn't do was go to safeway. and pack.
4) This is the holiday decor I made for my door. I walked past this abandoned Christmas tree bough in the middle of the street for a few days and every day thought, "I want that." Well I finally brought it home. It is so absolutely perfectly shaped. I especially love the one little branch that droops down.
5) I love my galoshes too much and have never seen another pair like mine so, since they are totally breaking, I getto-rigged them with black gorilla tape duct tape. Sweet. no picture (...yet...)

6) Jack Frost nipping at my nose is awful not delightful.

7) I'm pulling an all-nighter kind of. jk I'm going to bed kind of soon, but I'm really tired and have stayed up way too late and have to wake up really early. I haven't packed for New York yet and I'll have to do that in the morning before work. I am a bad morning packer.

8) I am pretty much done with the yellow bird house. I don't have before and after pictures because it freaks me out to be held responsible for the outcome.

Good night. Look for my Shoes You This Day posts from NYC this weekend. They are bound to be spectacular. But they will be the same old shoes. It's the surroundings that make it exciting not the shoes, ok? I wear the same ones all the time.

3 comments:

Melanie said...

I love that you put "eat cookie" on your to do list.

PS: I'm sad that I wasn't around when you dropped by last night. Have fun in NYC.

AdrianneJayne said...

I love this post. love it. So, you're flying out today? Be safe and don't land in the Hudson!

Maggie said...

a couple more thoughts: Adrianne- i'm taking a bus to NY.

I added eat cookie to my to do list because the day before I was good and refrained so I really wanted a cookie when I got home from work...when I got home they were no where to be seen. That's ok.

I was really tired when I wrote this post.